Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New from Old

Pin It
My big goal today was to re-pot and trim some of my succulents back.

We have two "parent" plants that have been growing in the same pots for a while.
They have generously given many new plants from their trimmings.
The one in the top middle has already been trimming as much as I was "allowed".
My thought was to take it out of its existing pot, take away a lot
of the leggy growth and separate it into a few more pots.
I was busily starting this task, when Mr came around the corner
and said, "You are scaring me".
So, we compromised.
There has been a lot cut off and we will see where it goes from here.



The succulent on the bottom is another "parent" plant.
I have no idea the proper names for either of these, but they are very hardy,
and  they need that to survive with me.


Old blossoms clung to the stems like a favorite sweater clings to an old lady.
They had to be plucked off to make room for new growth.

It reminded me of myself.

Yes, I know you are thinking about the old lady part, but...
what came to mind for me was old favorite foods,
ways of doing things, old familiar spaces.

I need to pluck off some of my old ways to make room for new
ideas, foods, and new adventures.

Then I will be ready for whatever the Lord has in store for me.
We all need to be pruned now and then.


A few of my new plants along with the old.

"Make new friends, but keep the old,
One is silver and the other gold."

Wow, that was a song from my girl scout days.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind