Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Went North... To Alaska

Pin It
Mr and I have always wanted to go North



The opportunity came and we decided to seize the day and take an Alaskan cruise.
(I really should crop that picture, it makes me look fat... well, fatter.)


As far as gold up thar in those hills, it is probably in the pockets of the cruise lines, but Alaskan are such nice people.

We started out in Seatle and sailed away.

Some of the highlights for me were quilt stores

And antique shops.



Although if we had found something in the one we were able to visit, we would have had no room to bring it home, we were packed to the gills.

And, of course, the all-you-can-eat buffet. What is there not to like?
A watermelon carved into a beautiful blossom at the buffet.


Medenhal Glacier was so awesome.



And, the dinner outdoors, after, was so delicious.


We met many people along the way, but I didn't take their pictures.
This was awesome fish and chips in Ketchikan, better than any meal on the ship.


I was only sea-sick a little... those acupressure straps on my wrists did the trick (or at least my imagination thought they did)

It was a once in a life-time trip and we are so glad that we went.

Now, on to real-life and selling at our shows.

Hope you are having a great day --- til next time.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I would LOVE to go on an Alaskan cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys went and had a good time. M thought the watermelon was neat, I would love to try those fish and chips.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind