Monday, April 18, 2011

I got nottin'

Pin It
I've been to three shows in the past three weeks and I have no pictures to show for it. I am looking at cameras right now and I think I have the one I want picked out. That will help tremendously, I didn't know how much I enjoyed taking pictures until I stopped taking them, so for now, I have nothing to show for my shows...

Alameda was finally dry through the day. But, I didn't take my coat off all day. A wind picked up at the end of the day and we left before it started to rain... Just missed it. We had lots of customers and we sold lots of little tables, nightstands, etc. I seems that people are really in need of small tables. I took my jewelry stuff and we had a dealer come through and buy a lot of my sterling that I had been saving up.

Downtown was another nice day, although our customers were wary about spending too much. Some days we sell furniture and some days it is metal and some days it is jewelry. I guess it is good to be diversified, and that we certainly are!

I was really looking forward to the show we did on Sunday. It was sponsored by a local Antique/ Junk shop (but the high-end type) here in a local town. It was only about 15 minutes away compared to driving 2 hours to Alameda. What a blessing to not get up as early (we got there are 3:30 am - so arriving around the same time, just less driving time) We took two loads in our two trucks/trailer. Our space was very full and we are glad to say that we got the left-overs back into the one trailer with room to spare. We always bring back some and have not "sold-out" yet, probably because we don't sell but maybe one-third to one-half of what we take. But, if we don't take as much, then we still sell about the same amount, it would be just less money. This was an outdoor show and there were tons of shoppers. Mr left me for about 2 1/2 hours to go back to the Bible study and I didn't sit down from when we arrived to when he came back around 12:30. Wow! I was really ready for a small break. We have had two calls from shoppers that took business cards and want items that we had there and brought home, so the sales continue. We sold some things that we really didn't want to bring back home (damage happens when you don't want it to) a plaster statue, a plaster cherub, a large locker, and a large, heavy drawer unit and other unique junque...

We have two weeks until our next show. Our trailer is partly already packed from our good "left-overs". Alameda, Downtown and a show that will be held at an estate in an exclusive high-dollar area of our fine country-side. (million dollar homes are the norm out there). At "The Flea Affaire" in Granite Bay, they serve lunch in the conservatory... and the proceeds from the vendor rentals go to the local college's patron of the arts program. We love this show.

Well, when I get some pictures going, I will be sure to let you in on the happenings around here and let you see for yourself.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all have been busy!! But it also sounds like a lot of fun! Can't to see pictures!


Tell Me What's On Your Mind