Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Ran Away With My Friend

Pin It
It's true.
Mr and I went for 6 days to Tahoe.
We really are old folks, just young at heart.

We stayed in the South Lake Tahoe area and enjoyed it immensely. The weather was cold and windy at times.  There was still snow on the ground in areas. The wind made the water on the lake into high waves. My skin turned dry and cracked.

I loved every minute.

We had been preparing for this for some time. We had two shows to go to, then a weekend off and then a show the day after we were to return to town. We headed up the hill after lunch at K & J's on Sunday afternoon.

We hit all of the town thrift stores, no great scores. But... we did some yard sales and got a few items of jewelry that I will add to my collection that I take to shows. Another highlight of the trip was that I purchased a new camera. It is a panasonic Lumix and it is a basic point and shoot, but so much more than I had before. I am still learning all about what it can do. I am very happy with it.

Our niece joined us for two days to share our condo.
These were in front of some shops, made from cans, springs, etc. You would really need to see them in person to appreciate them.
More, even flying pigs!

On the way home on Saturday, we hit a part of town that we normally don't frequent -- jackpot! We had to go home, unload and return to get more!

One item was a chest. Someone had lovingly painted it black and then wall-papered the drawers in a leopard print... We will just remove the wallpaper and then we will have a chest to paint. 

Well, 2 hours after soaking, scraping, etc,

I had two drawers done. Only 4 more to go! I am spending way to much time on this. Mr thinks that some weather (ie: garden hose and sun) will loosen the paper up so that I can pull it off. Some did come off, but more work will need to be done before we can paint. Mr has added little legs to the bottom to add interest and eye appeal.
Well, I have been missing as far as blogging and all. But with the warmer weather, we seem to be spending more time outside doing projects, so for now, have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen, My rose project is at http://cheapchichome.blogspot.com/2011/01/white-and-paper-roses.html
    I used Stephanie Lynn's tutorial here http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/11/diy-faux-curled-rosewood-wreath-made.html
    If you'd like to become a "reply" blogger check out this http://cheapchichome.blogspot.com/2011/04/become-reply-commenter.html (That means I can reply directly to your e-mail instead of leaving all of this as a comment.) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind