Friday, June 24, 2011

Sobering News

Pin It
While I was out doing my yard sale routine this morning, I got a call from child #5 and she asked me if I had any more news on a friend.

My response was, huh? She then told me that he had been river rafting with two others and had died. So sad, he had worn all the protective gear that normally goes along with the sport, but had hit his head and his friends found him.

This is so sobering because we just had a camp with a lot of river rafting in the mix, young and old alike. I don't know about the conditions where our friend had been, but it is always a consideration about danger that has to be taken into account.

The next sobering thing is that we have just a short time here to live and how do we live it? We don't know if we will make it to the end of the day. Our friend was a high school english professor, had just completed his masters degree and was probably ready to look for Miss Special and start his family. He is now with our Lord in Glory, but that doesn't lighten the heartache of his family and friends

The most important part of all this sobering news is that our friend was a Christian. He had accepted the free gift of salvation and was eternally bound to live with Christ in Glory. It is a most important decision and he made it early and was living his life to reflect that decision.

Our hearts are with his immediate family and those that were very close with him. We pray that this accident will bring glory to our Lord in whatever way it can. May we grown closer together because of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen,

    I just found your blog; nice :) Now I will bookmark it.

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind