Recently, well, like this morning. I received an email announcing that I had been nominated for
"The Versatile Blogger" award!
What is this? I wondered...
Well, after careful consideration, a phone call -- I realized that this is not a joke!
It really is a award!
Another blogger has been
from what I write???
With a drum roll please, I would like to thank
I am a "little" prejudice
she is my daughter...
So here are the rules for what I need to do.
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate 15 bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Link to their blogs.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
Without further ado - I give you my nominations. There is no particular order,
and, I would nominate The Vintage Bricoleur again, if I thought it would help...
but to give others their due.
And others, too many to list here.
These bloggers inspire me with their ideas, their lifestyles, their use of God's talents to them. Some are professionals, others are just like me, a homemaker, a wife, perhaps a single woman - but all are using what they have -- that inspires me to use what I have, too.
Now, to tell Terry things about myself. Hmm, I would say that she already knows most of these, but there may be some that read this and we can get better acquainted that way.
1. I live in Northern California, and although I have seen other places, countries, etc. this is home.
2. I am a quilter - not a very good one, but enough to get by and give them as gifts
3. Our first "new furniture" piece was a sewing machine cabinet that we bought on "time" to establish credit so we could buy our first house. (and it cost us $60!, $5 a month) Up to then, we had only used furniture. (and most of what we have now is "used" - oh, I mean vintage!
4. I have an over abundance of blessings in children (6), grandchildren (15) a loving husband of 40 years, and lots of friends.
5. I will take a spider any day, three times a day, to a mouse!
6. I came from a era that didn't throw out things, so my house has too many "someday" parts that I need to clean out. I have a plaque that says "Simplify" on it --- somewhere...
Now, you know who some of my favorite bloggers are - and way more than you needed to about me.
Thanks for the read.