Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pineapple Upside Down Cakes on a Miniature Scale

Pin It
Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Only in muffins...


I was casting around in my head for a dessert for the weekend and pineapple cake sounded so good.



So, good ole' Betty Crocker called me from the cupboard and I doubled the recipe that makes a 10" pan.
Spooned in the butter and brown sugar into the little cups and over sized muffin tin and added
a half maraschino cherry and some pineapple.

Ooo, that photo above makes me a little dizzy when I look at it. I hope you are OK.




Then the batter, they were pretty shallow in the cake department, but they rose to the occasion.




All that bubbly brown sugar goodness just has to have somewhere to go.
 Loosen the edges with a knife and turn upside down on a plate.

A tip from a recipe user, cut down paper muffin liners for just the bottom of your tin.
Spray the pan first, put in the paper, spray again.
This one stuck until I gently peeled it off.


Look out mouth!


One of these days, I want to try it with rice flour - to make them gluten free.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind