Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fabric Exchange Outcome

Pin It
Last May, at the "Barn Camp", we had a fabric exchange with  few ladies. It was a trial run, so to speak on how we could exchange fabric and then use it. Anyway, we were to bring six different fabrics, cut into 6 inch squares, enough for ten people. Well, to make a long story short, there were five of us that actually participated, so we each got double what we would have gotten.

Someone mentioned that we should complete something with the fabric and then bring it to the next time we were together. Only one of us did it. And the grand prize goes to Brenda.

Here is the quilt that she made from our squares.
I love how each one is "highlighted" in a star. She pieces the quilt on the machine and then hand quilts it all.

Here is our had worker. I think she did a beautiful job. She isn't thrilled with the completed project, but wants to donate it to a woman's shelter. Isn't that selfless?
This is the detail of the quilting on the edge. I think I will steal this idea and try to do it with my machine, perhaps the next one that needs doing.

I now have my squares laid out on a table with some ideas floating around in my head. I think I want to do a zig zag pattern, like here ... only different. You use squares, lay them right sides together on the background fabric, sew them corner to corner and then cut them corner to corner. You end up with two triangles sewed together and the way you lay them out makes a zig zag. Anyway, if it happens, I will take some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a fun quilt...and what a neat idea to donate it to a women's shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea, doing a fabric exchange! It sounds like something I would love, however I'm not sure I would get around to making the quilt super fast. I have a stack of "want to" quilt projects that I have yet to get to. Someday! I know I will be starting one soon for my Little MOnkey!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind