Friday, February 17, 2012

Apologies to Karen McTavish

Pin It
My sincere apologies to Karen McTavish, who I guess was one of the first ones to use this type of quilting.

If you remember, I was going to make a baby quilt here.
But, after sewing it up, I didn't really like it for the baby I wanted to give it to.

I decided that more of a pink quilt would be in order, since this was a baby girl.
I raided my pink stash and lo and behold, there was a 'cheater' panel that had kittens, ducks, geese, little bears and they all waved at me and said, "use me, use me". Since all I had to do was put a backing on it, that is exactly what I did.

In the meantime, my conscience smote me (don't you just love those King James Biblical words?) and I did my ironing...

Quilting around each of the designs was easy and fun. It was my first time to do a "feather". I have a low tolerance for perfection, so this is the way they turned out.
They suit me.

Next was quilting around them and then on the panel on each end. I couldn't decide what to do there, when I remembered Karen McTavish. My apologies to her quilting method, but I had fun.

I even quilted in the baby's name and who it was from.

The finished product.

This is going to be mailed to go to another country... Canada. I just hope I get my act together before the baby makes her appearance.

Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I would love for you to visit and link up at my Linky Party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind